- Serve as the onsite leader of Mission Haiti’s medical clinic. Oversee day to day operations of the medical clinic and ensure that the medical clinic is operating in a manner that correlates with the vision and values of Mission Haiti. Lead the staff and volunteers of the medical clinic with a Christ-like, servant attitude.
- Work with the Medical Director to establish a long-term plan for the medical clinic that will use your gifts and abilities and the resources available to you through Mission Haiti to serve the people of Ti-Rivyè and the surrounding communities.
- Participate in interviewing candidates for employment at Mission-Haiti’s medical clinic as requested by the Medical Director; enforce personnel policy with supervision and consultation of the Medical Director; hear and resolve grievances or complaints by or against an employee with the support of the Medical Director; carry out a program for staff development as prepared by the Medical Director; and conduct individual staff evaluations at 30 days of employment and at least quarterly ongoing. Maintain a climate, which attracts keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Assist in ensuring that the medical clinic operates within the budget guidelines. Manage the total ongoing inventory of the medical clinic including supplies and pharmaceuticals to ensure that the clinic can operate appropriately. Prepare a monthly revenue and expense report to be submitted to the Medical Director for review.
- Present regular reports to the Medical Director, written or verbal as requested. Keep the Medical Director informed on the condition of the medical clinic and any important factors influencing it.
- Develop and maintain positive public relations by representing Mission-Haiti in a positive and Christ-like manner.
- Use your resources and professional contacts you will develop in Haiti to ensure adequate supplies for daily operations and do this in a cost effective way.
- With the assistance of the Medical Director insuring the medical clinic operates in compliance with all applicable licensing regulations and laws of Haiti.
- Coordinating community education opportunities related to health topics important to the communities Mission Haiti serves.
- Work with the community advisory team to identify health issues important to the communities Mission Haiti serves.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with co-workers, community contacts and mission partners through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective ministry.
The Medical Clinic Administrator will be thoroughly committed to Mission-Haiti’s goals. Must have education or experience in a medical or dental field. Prefer past success in leadership, coaching and relationship management experience.
- Education or experience in a medical or dental field.
- Educational or professional experience in business management.
- Professional. Articulate and persuasive communicator, ability to handle issues responsively and with discretion and sensitivity, ability to maintain confidential information.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Strong partnership-building skills.
- Self-starter, motivated to complete tasks without daily supervision.
- Able to handle a wide variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Preferred Creole or French speaking ability.
- Willingness to relocate to Haiti for a commitment of 2-3 years.