Medical Missions Position Available – Mission Haiti, a Christian non-profit organization based out of Sioux Falls, SD, is looking for a Medical Clinic Director. We are searching for someone whose desire is to love Jesus and serve others through medical service. The ideal candidate would be willing to move to Haiti full-time, however, we would also consider someone who would be willing to travel to Haiti on a regular basis. This director would be hands-on designing, building and serving as the leader for this medical clinic.
Position Purpose: Plan, direct and coordinate all activities of the Mission Haiti medical clinic. Represent the ministry in such a way that our motto is clearly shown in both word and action daily.The Medical Clinic Director will represent Mission Haiti by ministering to the medical needs of those in the village of Ti-Rivyè and the surrounding areas. Help short-term medical team members serve Christ with a servant’s heart and desire to put others needs before their own.
- Serve as the leader of Mission Haiti’s medical clinic. Oversee all aspects of the medical clinic and ensure that the medical clinic is operating in a manner that correlates with the vision and values of the Mission Haiti. Lead the staff and volunteers of the medical clinic with a Christ-like, servant attitude.
- Establish a long-term plan for the medical clinic that will use your gifts and abilities and the resources available to you through Mission Haiti to serve the people of Ti-Rivyè and the surrounding communities.
- Seek out, interview, and select possible candidates for employment at Mission-Haiti’s medical clinic, and with approval from the Haiti Executive Director, hire and dismiss staff; enforce personnel policy; establish wage scales for employees; hear and resolve grievances or complaints by or against an employee; organize and carry out a program for staff development; and conduct individual staff evaluations. Maintain a climate, which attracts keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
- Work with the USA Executive Director and the Board of Directors in preparing a budget. Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work. Ensure that the organization operates within the budget guidelines.
- Present regular reports to the Haiti Executive Director and the Board of Directors, written or verbal as requested. Keep the Haiti Executive Director informed on the condition of the medical clinic and any important factors influencing it.
- Develop and maintain positive public relations by representing Mission-Haiti in a positive and Christ-like manner.
- Assist with finding trained medical volunteers to serve in the medical clinic.
- Assist with finding medical supplies to operate the clinic. Use your resources and professional contacts in the USA and Haiti to do this in a cost effective way.
- Develop, implement and enforce organization policy and procedure necessary for effective operation, revising as needed.
- Responsible for insuring the medical clinic operates in compliance with all applicable licensing regulations and laws of both Haiti and the United States.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with co-workers, community contacts and mission partners through effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective ministry.
The Medical Clinic Director will be thoroughly committed to Mission-Haiti’s goals. Must have some education or experience in a medical field. Prefer past success in leadership, coaching and relationship management experience.
- Education or experience in a medical field.
- Professional. Articulate and persuasive communicator, ability to handle issues responsively and with discretion and sensitivity, ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Strong partnership-building skills.
- Self-starter, motivated to complete tasks without daily supervision.
- Able to handle a wide variety of tasks simultaneously.